Foundation for Shamanic Studies
Dedicated to the preservation, study, and teaching of shamanic knowledge for the welfare of the planet and its inhabitants
The Shaman as Psychopomp ™
A Live Online Workshop
Taught by Narrye Caldwell
May 14, 15, 16, 2021 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
1:00-4:30 each day
Tuition: $225 (FSS members $210)
Shamans are concerned with the human soul, with healing during life and assisting the soul’s passage out of the Middle World after death. Familiar with the realms of the dead, a shaman can act as a psychopomp – a conductor of souls. A trained shamanic practitioner is able to guide the soul of a deceased person out of the Middle World to a place where the soul can receive help in taking the next step on its path. The focus of this training is on learning and practicing the psychopomp method.
In this fully experiential workshop, you will have the opportunity to:
- Explore what happens for human souls from a core shamanic perspective after they leave the body – the “destiny of human souls” in the Upper, Lower, and Middle Worlds
- Learn and practice the psychopomp method to help the souls of the deceased out of the Middle World to a better place
- How to locate a soul in the Middle World that may be stuck and in need of help
- How to obtain the soul’s permission to offer shamanic assistance
- How to guide the soul to a place in the Upper or Lower World where it will be helped to continue on its journey
Prerequisites: This workshop is the second in the Online Shamanic Healing Program. Participants must be able to successfully journey in the Upper, Lower, and Middle Worlds, and have a strong relationship with a Power Animal and/or Teacher from the Upper or Lower Worlds. You must have completed the following workshops to register:
- The Basic Workshop: The Way of the Shaman (in-person workshop)
- OR The Shamanic Journey: Pathway to Knowledge & Power AND Shamanic Divination in Practice
- AND The Shamanic Worldview: Everything is Alive (available online only)
- AND Shamanism, Spirits, & Healing (available online only)
10.5 FSS Continuing Education (CE) Credits available. Completion of the entire workshop (10.5 hours) is required for credit.
For the Meeting: Please have handy a notebook/pen to take notes, a rattle, a drum (optional), and an eye covering (bandanna or mindfold) to block ambient light. Before the workshop, consider a comfortable chair or place to sit or lie down for journeys. Download participant instructions for use of Zoom, including audio/video settings.
Electronic recording of audio, video, and images is not permitted during the workshop.
How to Register: Use the PayPal button below to register and reserve your place. Space is limited so please register well in advance of the workshop dates. You do not need a PayPal account to register. After you click on the PayPal button it will give you the option to use any credit/debit card if you prefer. After I receive your payment I will send you further details about how to join the online workshop. (Please note, the email you use with Paypal is the only one I will have to send confirmation materials to. Please make sure this is an active email for you.)
FSS members receive a tuition discount. Please select the appropriate tuition from the drop down menu, then click the Buy Now button. After payment is received, you will be sent a registration form, where you will enter your member discount code. To find your discount code, login at https://shamanism.org/members/index.php. Membership questions: email@example.com
Narrye Caldwell teaches and practices core shamanism, Chinese medicine, and martial arts. She has been in private practice in Santa Cruz for over 30 years. She is guest faculty for the Foundation for Shamanic Studies, and also teaches at Five Branches University and The Academy of Martial Arts.